Backend Software Engineer
You’re naturally inquisitive and a prolific learner. You take the initiative to ask questions and find answers. You have a background that includes some if not most of the following:
● Python web application frameworks (Flask, SQLAlchemy) and REST principles
● Database design, ETL, ORM and/or SQL interface, and performance optimization.
● Linux on Amazon web services (AWS) EC2, RDS, S3, SQS, etc.
● Continuous integration and deployment, environment management, containerization, and processing task management systems
● Git version control.
● Unit testing and integration testing principles and python frameworks. ● Geospatial data formats, standards, and operations.
● Python GIS libraries (gdal, ogr, geoalchemy2, fiona, shapely, rasterio).
Interest and/or experience in:
● Agronomy, horticulture, soil science, hydrology, weather and climate, botany and phenology, or any other agriculturally relevant field.
● Remote sensing techniques derived data and the underlying physics. ● Reading scientific journals and converting research methods into code.
● Creating and maintaining code with an elegant logical structure.
A Backend Software Developer at Digital Harvest builds, improves, deploys, and monitors applications to accelerate customer advancement along the agriculture digitization roadmap and support the data science team
● Collaboratively define outward DH API behaviors
● Build internal data flows, structures, and storage schema to support both internal and public APIs according to defined outward behavior.
● Prioritize feature development tasks to meet delivery schedules.
● Evaluate, and optimize performance of database operations and architecture.
● Maintain and develop multiple unit and integration testing, development, and production branches of git repositories.
● Manage internal pipelines from public and private data sources, including remote sensing data, weather data, and soil data in tabular and GIS raster and vector formats.
● Develop new routines for the ingestion of new data sources into pipelines as needed.
● Build conceptual models to demonstrate a problem-solving methodology.
● Write maintainable code with concise supporting external and internal documentation.
● A Bachelors or advanced degree in an analytical field
● The ability to work effectively remotely as part of a team
● Fluency in the English language
● Fluency in Python 3
● Fluency in a 2nd+ language.
Travel: 5-10% Location: Full-time remote work, near-global flexibility on location.
● Must have access to reliable broadband internet with speeds sufficient to perform duties and participate in high def video conferencing frequently. How to Apply: Send resume to
How to Apply:
● Send resume to email@example.com